Frequently Asked Questions
Can I order takoyaki without soy sauce, ponzu, or green onion?
- Yes. We can make it without green onions if the green onion is contained to the original menu.
Can I order takoyaki to go by phone?
- Yes! You can have hot takoyaki fresh from the iron griddle if you call ahead. No waiting!
How many takoyaki are in one serving?
- 9, but you can order just 5 at the Himeji-Ekime shop.
I don’t like octopus. Can I get takoyaki without it?
- Yes, but it will take a bit more time. (And kind of defeats the purpose!)
What is the most popular dish on the menu?
- Takoyaki with original sauce and mayonnaise.
The Takoyaki with cheese, like cheese and mayonnaise with seasoned cod roe, Is cheese in it?
- No, it’s not. The cheese is on top and we heat it using a torch.
Can I eat at the shop?
- We have chairs outside the Uomachi-shop. At Himeji-Ekimae shop, you can eat inside.
What is Pizza-yaki?
- We spread “our house special” tomato sauce on takoyaki, add cheese, and then broil it.
What is Dashi-Tako?
- Takoyaki dipped in soup stock.